Friday, August 7, 2009

Dayton "Dirt' August 7, 2009

We just go through potting up our Hostas, Daylilies, German Iris, Hibiscus and Clematis for next year.

Many of the varieties will be new for next spring as we constantly add to our selection.

This month too is the month that I scour the internet and travel to find new plants that I think will “flip-the-switch” of our customers.

Its difficult to tell as I think I know what our customers will like but once in a while, I’ll pick a real dog that doesn’t sell very well.

I get so excited sometimes about a new plant variety that I have even gone to the length of ordering it 3 years in advance to be sure it is available!

We’ll be sure to show off our new waves at our winter seminars in our new facility.

Many of you wrote in our seminar surveys that our building was too cold on cold winter days.

The new building will have much more insulation with in floor heating that will keep everyone warm even when the temperature is well below zero.

You’ll just have to stay tuned to see all the new stuff for next spring!

Tom

No comments: