Friday, June 11, 2010

Dayton "Dirt" - June 11, 2010

Today would have been my mom & dad’s 61st wedding anniversary but unfortunately, my dad passed away 6 years ago.

I remember this day (in 1972) also because Hurricane Agnes was in the North Atlantic and was absorbed by a low pressure cell over Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania which flooded the region and gave us such cold rainy weather that about a thousand pepper plants I planted were stunted and never did grow.

In fact, on June 15th, in Hartville, it actually frosted and did damage to the truck farms in the area.

Remember on Saturday, June 12th at noon, we’ll have the Rose Lady and Mimi Zak to touch on some rose highlights and answer your questions. I think you’ll like the rose samples displayed from Mimi’s magnificent rose garden.

Its back to work for me as all this rain has made the garden grow but the weeds too!

Tom

No comments: